Tuesday, May 15, 2007

sickness

Ok. I'm sick.

But I got the new Night Wounds CD...and it's pretty awesome.

And I'm listening to Brother Reade, sitting here wondering whether or not it's racist of me to think that white rappers are almost universally awful. It especially bothers me when rappers try to "sound black" or whatever. I don't know. It's just such a glorious art form that white folk have no business dabbling in.

Except for Aesop Rock. And the Beastie Boys.

They're the only exceptions I can think of.

Brother Reade sucks.
El-P sucks (outside of production)
Brother Ali sucks.
Slug sucks.
Acid Reign sucks.

Why is it that Aesop Rock and the Beasties don't bug me? I have no idea, other than to say they simply sound real.

3 Comments:

Blogger NickDean said...

Feeling any better yet?

6:56 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

yes.

7:01 PM  
Blogger sendaletterbomb said...

You took some time off from your blog. I was anxious to hear how your adventures in teaching went. Drop me a line sometime - sendaletterbomb@gmail.com

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home