Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Breakfast

This is my latest obsession: buying vanilla yogurt topping it with various fruits I've purchased. It's so much better than store-bought yogurt. I've tried strawberries, bananas, blueberries, kiwi, raspberries and blueberries.

Today is raspberries, which I purchased despite being $4.99.

In other news: I've been loading a ton of CDs onto the computer to put onto our new 80GB Ipod and I'm going crazy because I'm only at the F's (Fiery Furnaces, to be exact) and our computer's memory is about big enough to fit 20GB.

Rapper to look out for: Kail. He's an ultra-vulgar Los Angeles culture critic whose debut (True Hollywood Squares) will be out on April 22 (Alpha Pup).

In the past couple of days I've seen Dan in Real Life twice, No Country for Old Men and American Gangster. I'd seen Dan in the theater, and still really like its weird, oddly happy, white family vibe like The Family Stone and, to a lesser extent, The Squid and the Whale.

I'm convinced that the main reason No Country for Old Men was so successful was because there was no music throughout the whole movie. The lack of outside influence makes just the characters matter, and adds an extremely potent amount of tension. Loved it. They also omitted the proper elements of the book to make the story stand strong.

American Gangster wasn't too bad. I always have difficulty following mob movies the first time I see them because of all the character names and then trying to figure out who's bad, who's good and who's good/bad. Because I'm concentrating so much on this, I miss a lot of key dialogue, further confusing me.

Anyway, after we watched the movie, Jen looked up to see what was true and not true about the movie. Most was pretty accurate, but Frank Lucas only served five years in jail for his initial crimes, not 15. (Completely inexplicable!!) We also learned that he's friends with Sean "Puffy" Combs' dad, who was/is an actual gangster.

Furthermore, Jen also saw an L.A. Times article that ran yesterday that alleges P. Diddy ordered 2Pac's death.

hmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home