Friday, February 24, 2006

My goddamned left nostril will not stop running

I'm not even joking. It actually prevented me from going to see Orthrelm and The Pope tonight at The Che. I simply refused to go to a show, only to sit there the whole time blubbering and wiping my nose.

And I also feel like garbage, for the most part. It could be worse. But now my throat's getting sore from "drainage."

Fuck you, illness.

Perhaps it has something to do with the late night the other night due to Les Savy Fav in L.A. Tuesday night. It's the fourth time I've seen them in four years. I'd like to say they keep getting better, but it's not even true. They kill it equally every time. Tim Harrington is a postmodern genius, passing out pieces of banana and orange, spitting beer and water all over the crowd...I'll let the pictures explain the rest.

I've been obsessing over the new Year Future album, which isn't out until May. It's such an awesome mix of Bauhaus/Joy Division and, like, Black Flag. I also just got the new Black Heart Procession album, which was cool, because I've only ever heard a few random MP3s. But other than that, I have to say the promos I've been getting have been pretty fucking foul. Or at least unappealing. I have to admit, I haven't been listening to too much of what I've gotten lately. I'm really trying to buckle down on my thesis and get that bitch outta the way.

I saw a preview for that Russian trilogy (first installment: Night Watch) that's been getting a huge media blitz of late. It actually looks pretty intense. Maybe it'll be lame, but the preview looks like a promising mix of absurdity, terror and plot.

And Finland keeps on winning in men's ice hockey, which is sweet because it's the only team in the tournament with two Sabres (Toni Lydman and Teppo Numminen). John Davidson was raving about Lydman's work on Russian phenom Alexander Ovechkin today, which made me proud.

I had sushi today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home