Sunday, November 11, 2007

ugh

Last night Jen and I watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

It was pretty painful except for the "hilarious" jokes centering around the word "Faggot."

I don't even know if I'm being truthful about that. Not even this could save it:

We also tried to watch Terry Gilliam's Tideland. It seemed as though he was trying to make a surreal John Waters film, which you could interpret to mean "Tim Burton purposefully trying to make you uncomfortable." It was lame.

I just woke up after sleeping for 12 hours. Guess I needed that...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger NickDean said...

Mmm, Biel. That pic is almost enough to make me rent the movie. Almost.

I had little interest in seeing "Chuck & Larry" when I first heard about it... And then I read the "Rolling Stone" review, which I thought was short, funny and to the point.

I found it with a quick Google search. Here it is:

"Say it isn't so. Not that Adam Sander as Chuck and Kevin James as Larry play idiot hetero fireman who fake being gay for health benefits. I mean that Sideways writers Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor actually contributed to a script that trots out every fag joke -- yes, even dropping the soap -- and then tells us how wrong it is to laugh. No comedy this year can beat this dud for mealy-mouthed hypocrisy."

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

the soap was dropped not once, but twice.

The movie's almost worth seeing simply for Ving Rhames, actually...he was hilarious.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home