Monday, July 09, 2007

Oh, yes he did. Ipod post #2

1.) "I Don't Want to Die" By The Unicorns- A penultimate Unicorns track, featuring delicate melodicism, strange electronic bleeps and Nick Diamonds singing his heart out.

2.) "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" By The Beatles- Since this is off the Love album pieced together by former Beatles producer Sir George Martin for a Las Vegas Cirque Du Soleil show, I'm not sure whether or not I should call this a "Beatles" song. Much cleaner, bolder and "perfect" than the originals, I actually like this stuff better. I don't know why. Maybe I'll get to see the show some day.

3.) "I Travel" By Free Moral Agents-
Trip-hoppy grooves from the keyboardist for The Mars Volta open the track before guest MC J takes over. For a minute. Then we're back trip-hoppin' through Ikey's mind.

4.) "Point #1" By Chevelle- The bridge between Christian rockers P.O.D. and mewithoutYou, Chevelle actually used to be good. So good, in fact, STEVE fucking ALBINI produced this record. Not that he really turns anyone down, but it gives some indication into the fact the Loeffler brothers didn't always play generic alt. rock. Melodic post-hardcore at its finest, the intensity of "Point #1" made me fall in love with them. And, hell, we all do need healing aloe plants from time to time.

5.) "Jambi" By Tool- 10,000 Days isn't an album I listen to a lot, but "Jambi" is one of my favorite songs from it. Tribal percussion, A Perfect Circle-ish Maynard vocals and some Pink Floyd-y guitars and seven minutes almost sound like a recipe for disaster, but Tool know what they're doing by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home