Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Fear is Naked

I've been on a bit of a Tool kick lately, and I'm assuming it's some subconscious reaction to the fact the new album is about one month away from being released (May 2). Allegedly it's going to be called 10,000 Days, but I doubt that.

Then again, Maynard and company do always have hard-ons for number theory, so who knows. I'm just hoping the album isn't perfect. Lateralus was almost perfect, and it came close to driving me nuts. But still, I can't listen to that album without wincing, because I'm pretty sure I know what the next album's going to sound like. (Something akin to what No. 4 by Stone Temple Pilots, Adore by the Smashing Pumpkins or the three-legged dog album by Alice in Chains.)

Hopefully I'm wrong. We need some hard rocking bands right now that aren't post-punk bands, or dumbshit neo-metal bands like The Sword or Early Man. Tool and The Mars Volta are rock saviors or goats, depending on what they each come up with next.

On a semi-related note, J. Mascis' Witch is actually pretty damn great. Who would have thought blending an avant-folk band (Feathers) with pre-grunge would result in the second coming of Led Zeppelin.

It's actually totally absurd. I'm feeling rather disoriented at this moment...

I cleaned my room today. And vacuumed the floor. And drank at least four Tropicana sugar free lemonades. Watched the latter portion of Pulp Fiction, which is always a treat. Lost was pretty jacked up today too. Oh, and I did laundry and alphabetized my CDs. I didn't write much today (just interview questions for Gram Rabbit and AIDS Wolf). I think that trend will continue tomorrow, as my brain needs a rest. I'm scheduled to interview J'aime from Islands on Friday at noon. And it appears, though I don't want to jinx anything, that I'm going to be interviewing The Legendary Pink Dots, Daniel Johnston and the former guitarist of Iron Butterfly.

2 Comments:

Blogger NickDean said...

Know how I know you're gay?
One of your emotions is running 'round naked, quite likely rubbing its genitals on your other emotions.

ha. emotions, fag.

6:04 PM  
Blogger NickDean said...

Watched Pulp Fiction last night.
This is damn fine coffee. You didn't have to pull out this gourmet shit for us. I would've been happy with some instant shit.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home