Monday, March 27, 2006

Burning Down the House

I'm in the process of trying to win/purchase some Talking Heads vinyl records on Ebay. It's going well so far...none over $6 or $7 including shipping. I'm thinking about asking for their box set for Christmas. Or the Sin City collection because I'm getting into graphic novels now.

That's right folks. It took a few years, but I learned, finally, that I'm a comic book geek. I poured through Batman: The Dark Knight Returns today and am about 1/6 of the way through Watchmen, which apparently is the graphic novel. (It's good so far.)

I was thinking about buying the new Ghostface Killah and Yeah Yeah Yeahs records on Tuesday, but then I remembered I really don't like either of them very much. They're just going to be so cheap ($6.99 and $9.99 respectively) I can't even handle it. Plus I'm going to be in New York City from April 8th to April 15th and would like to have a tiny bit of spending money to buy fun vinyl stuff or even fun CD stuff at a fun record store down there.

Also must save money for Flaming Lips and TV on the Radio, especially now that the latter is on a major and I probably won't be able to get the album for free because major labels are stupid.

The L Word season finale was ok, but too many cliches: (Absentee dad comes back, bride leaves bride at alter, psycho mom kidnaps baby, surprise middle-aged pregnancy, budding relationship hits crossroads, stalled relationship hits crossroads, spoiled daughter gets cut off...) This was one hour, folks. On a positive note, the shit's hitting the fan next week on the Sopranos...

1 Comments:

Blogger NickDean said...

Talking Heads?
Graphic Novels?
The L Word???

you're such a culture whore. i don't know what that means exactly, but it sounded like 'the thing' to say. anyway, comics. there's a nice piece in the new Playboy ... ha, a nice piece in Playboy. ANYWAY, there's an article about graphic novels and it was a pretty good read. made me bust out my copy of Black Orchid and start reading stuff again. WHEN i move to California or you spend a weekend at my place in the distant future, you can plow through The Sandman in its entirety.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home